While it’s still another week until the big show where the major trophies will be handed out, tonight the below-the-line workers in Hollywood got their due at the Television Academy’s Creative Arts Emmy Awards.
And since West Hollywood is The Creative City, it’s only natural that some of our kindred spirits are taking home awards.
Both RuPaul and Lady Gaga were attached to multiple Emmy wins so far tonight including:
- Host for a Reality/Reality-Competition Program – RuPaul Charles (“RuPaul’s Drag Race)
- Outstanding Lighting Design/Lighting Direction For A Variety Special – Super Bowl LI Halftime Show Starring Lady Gaga
- Outstanding Casting For A Reality Program – Born This Way
- Outstanding Costumes For Variety, Nonfiction Or Reality Programming – RuPaul’s Drag Race, Oh. My. Gaga!
- Outstanding Picture Editing For A Structured Or Competition Reality Program – RuPaul’s Drag Race, Oh. My. Gaga!
- Outstanding Cinematography For A Reality Program – Born This Way
Ultimately, this week’s row over Raven and Delta Work’s nominations being revoked proved irrelevant as Hairspray! Live won for Hairstyling and Saturday Night Live! won in the makeup category.
Results via Deadline.com